- 1¼ c. warm Water
- 1 heaping tbsp. Yeast
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 ¼ – 4 c. Flour
- Pinch of Dutch Country General Store’s Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pretzel Salt – Extra Coarse Topping Salt
- Dutch Country General Store’s Montana Steak Seasoning, optional
- 4 c. Water
- 4 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ c. Amish Roll Butter, melted
- 1- 16 oz. container Cheese Sauce, warmed
- Mix together water, yeast, salt, and sugar; let set for 5 min.
- Add in flour and knead well.
- Let rise, covered, for 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Work dough and shape into pretzel twists, braids or any shape you’d like, then place on greased pan.
- Let rise an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a solution of 4 tsp. baking soda and 4 cups water.
- Placing the smooth, raised side of the pretzel in first, drop the pretzels in the boiling solution for a few seconds, then remove (using a spatula or slotted spoon).
- Sprinkle with toppings to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they are nicely browned on the bottom.
- Place in serving dish and drizzle tops with butter.
- Serve with cheese sauce.