Seasoned Thick-Sliced Ham
By Erica Good
Published: Thursday 18th of March 2021
Erica’s note: The horseradish adds moisture and a distinct flavor without being overpowering. The ham is already pre-cooked, so this recipe is super fast, yet delectable!
- ½ c. Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. black forest ham, half-inch sliced
- ⅓ c horseradish
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices.
- Gradually stir in oil until crumbly, then mix in the horseradish to create rub; spread over both sides of the ham.
- Grill until heated through, or fry in 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Turn, spread side with a spoonful of rub and fry for an additional 3 minutes.