Oven-Baked Herbed Turkey
By Erica Good
Published: Thursday 19th of November 2020
Erica’s note: This is a moist, flavorful turkey that everyone loves. Whatever you do, don’t pitch the broth! Strain it through a sieve and use it later to make absolutely amazing broth, gravy or soup. When choosing the size of turkey for your guests, I recommend 1½ lbs per person to allow for ample leftovers. Also featured in this…
- vegetable oil, as needed
- ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, per 1 lb. turkey
- 2 tbsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Rubbed Sage
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Parsley
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 3-4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 turkey oven bag
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- Leave skin on turkey.
- Remove neck and giblets.
- Rub the turkey inside and out with vegetable oil.
- Mix dry ingredients and rub on turkey, inside and out.
- Put 1 tbsp. flour inside the turkey oven bag and shake the flour until it coats the inside of the bag; place the turkey inside and close the bag.
- Cut 6 half-inch slits along the top of the turkey bag.
- Place in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 18-20 minutes per 1 lb. of turkey, or until it reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the bag for 15 minutes to cool before serving.