Mashed Potatoes w/ Brown Butter
By Erica Good
Published: Friday 2nd of August 2019
The perfect, smooth mashed potato recipe to pair with your next meal. A note from Erica: No gravy for my husband! He loves this stuff.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Place them in a kettle and cover them with water.
- Boil them on high heat (no lid) approximately 15 minutes.
- They are soft enough when you can easily insert a toothpick into them.
- Drain and save some of the potato water.
- Mash the potatoes with beater, adding ¼ c. potato water.
- (The secret to perfectly fluffy mashed potatoes is to get them creamy smooth BEFORE adding milk products.)
- Add salt, pepper, milk, and butter.
- Beat well again.
- Over medium heat, melt ¼ c. butter in a pan.
- Let it bubble, get browned, and begin to rise on its own.
- Now, stir it.
- When desired darkness is reached, remove from heat.
- Place your mashed potatoes in a serving bowl, then pour the browned butter over the top.