Ann’s Sugar Cookies
By Erica Good
Published: Wednesday 3rd of March 2021
Makes 2-3 dozen
A note from Erica: Growing up, Levi enjoyed helping his mom by making the flower shapes on these cookies. Our children love making (and eating!) them today.
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder; mix together very well.
- Measure out dough with cookie scoop; roll with hands to form a ball.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Use the end of a clean spool of thread (thread removed) to create a flower design on top of the dough ball and to press the ball into a cookie shape.
- Top with your choice of sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (slightly underbaking is the key to perfect sugar cookies).
- Leave on cookie sheet 2-3 minutes before placing on a wire rack to finish cooling.